Friday 29 September 2017

BFG and AWI

I played a refresher game of Battlefleet Gothic, using Gorillamo's lovely painted ships.We ran two cruisers at each other- I took Chaos against his Imperial fleet. I had squadrons of bombers as well, which made a big difference when his nova cannon failed to hit and he had no fighters. I crippled his ships in fairly short order- it's a fun little space naval game.

Chaos Cruisers

Imperial Cruisers

One Imperial cruiser is crippled as the other watches on

I'm sure there will be more BFG in the future as Gorillamo has many more painted ships.

I also got to try out the newest Commands & Colors game, Tricorne. This is set in the American Revolution, and is a nice balance between linear formations and woodland skirmishing. Morale plays a big role, and the positioning of your leaders is important. This is a 'core game', so I'm sure future expansions beckon with French, Indians, and eventually the Seven Years War.
Tricorne- my continentals face down the British and their German allies.

PS- I've thrown my hat in the ring for Zomtober- I'll be painting more figures from Last Night on Earth over the next few weeks.

6 comments:

  1. I used to love BFG back in the day. Had buddies who played and we all had big fleets. Good fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suffers a bit from IGOUGO, but is otherwise serviceable.

      Delete
  2. Awesome, I love BFG. Ive tried to get into it a few times but never took off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a few alternatives- Full Thrust, Armada, Firestorm etc. They'll all have their pros and cons.

      Delete
  3. It's nice to see those beautiful Battleship Gothic ships sailing again!

    ReplyDelete