Friday 23 June 2017

Deathwatch Blood Angel

The Blood Angel Antor Delassio with his jump pack, chainsword and hand flamer. Again, this is a lovely pose with an annoying excess of bling. I am quite happy with the hair, but am thinking of adding some scorch marks to the flamer muzzle.




I think I could have gone a bit brighter on the engine glow.


My technique for the black armour is to carefully paint edge highlights in medium and light grey, then to use black to tidy up and make them sharper. It's laborious, but I cannot find a faster way to get this result.

Skull count: 10
Squad Total Skullz: 20

Next weekend is Eucalyptus Bowl, I need to pull my finger out and get a team together!

8 comments:

  1. A whole team in a week. I hope you get them done. What are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Underworld- they're about 60% done, but I've only got two free evenings between now and then!

      Delete
  2. Another cracker mate. One more and we want to see a group shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I always like to see a Blood Angel, as they're my favourite Legion/Chapter. I find painting black armour very tricky, but your highlights look excellent on this figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I come to a point where I have to draw a metaphorical line and give up on over- finessing the highlights.

      Delete