Friday 12 May 2017

Runebound

I picked up Runebound recently- here are the heroes from the base game.
Runebound heroes

Runebound is a fantasy adventure boardgame, where your character rushes about a gorgeous map, skills up and gets better equipment, before fighting a big bad monster at the end. You're trying to do it before your opponents, so there's no time to take things slow. There's a fun combat system where you're flipping tokens rather than rolling dice.

I painted up the heroes, spending a bit more time on them than was probably warranted, but they're a good palate cleanser. I followed the character art for colour choices.

I was pleased with the blue tone on Lord Hawthorne's sword.
Lord Hawthorne

Master Thorn has a headache and a chilli on a stick.
Master Thorn

Corbin is an angry dwarf (tautology?), who is the only character who can attack other players directly.
Corbin

Elder Mok is a wandering ork shaman with a drum on his back.
Elder Mok

I like the autumnal tones and wild hair of Laurel of Bloodwood.
Laurel of Bloodwood

Lyssa is a cat-person, and I used more sandy tones for her skin.
Lyssa

13 comments:

  1. What great looking characters and beautifully painted too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very cool sculpts! I think I like Elder Mok the best of your paint jobs although they are all great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Millsy- I don't really have a favourite, but I wasn't especially inspired by Mok.

      Delete
  3. Very nicely done, love Lord Hawthorne...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's pleasantly unsubtle to play, which I like!

      Delete
  4. Very colourful Barks - they look great!
    Elder Mok my my fav too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got some of the expansions, watch this space...

      Delete
  5. You did a gorgeous job on these - the colours are so vivid.

    The great advantage of painting these miniatures is that you can use them in about 6 different fantasy flight games that recycles these same characters: Descent, Dungeonquest, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aargh, stop, I'm trying not to get too many new games!

      Delete
  6. He seems to be a crowd pleaser!

    ReplyDelete