Saturday 13 October 2012

Modern Russians

They're back! (See the unpainted versions here.)


Eureka's 15mm modern Russian Federal troops. I have yet to paint the versions wearing the Sphera helmet and the Maska version.

I went for a version of Flora camouflage. I used Vallejo 70879 Green Brown, 984 Flat Brown, and 894 Russian Green.

'Who lost a helmet cover?'

I stuck a bush onto support weapon bases to aid with visual identification on the tabletop.

AK74
Spotter (from AGL set) and officer
RPG-7
AK74 with GP-30 grenade launcher
RPG-22
Dragunov SVD
PK machine gun
2B14-1 Podnos 82mm mortar
12.7mm Kord HMG on 6T7 tripod
AGS-17 Plamya 30mm AGL on 6T7 tripod

Lovely figures, and a great range. I'd like to see some RPK LMGs, though, and some more leader figures. I hate seeing the close-ups as it makes the drybrushing look crude and nasty. Now I need some transport- I'm thinking Skytrex.

11 comments:

  1. Nice paint job, Barks. And the basing materials have enhanced the "feel" of the action of the troopers, instead of being a distraction, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also in Newcastle. Where do you game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Game, and the Newcastle Legion (don't know if this link will work http://www.facebook.com/groups/183201238455563/?ref=ts&fref=ts)

      Delete
  3. A great set of miniatures. I love the tracer rounds painted on the ammo belt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; they're so well detailed it's a shame not to paint them! I was taken by the little canvas handles on the side of the PK magazines.

      Delete
  4. Damn nice work, will have to get these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you AL! Now Eureka just needs to get them out!

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, the figures look awesome! Well painted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Barks just thinking about this period for a project, any idea how they compare scale wise to rebelmini moderns? Cheers stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for a project. I have a pic with Peter Pig and QRF, let me know if this link doesn't work: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4J-kKC-IDpr4MJs5YuBMetMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

      Delete